Monday, November 14, 2016



Dear Parents,
So…..it’s been a little while, I know.  I am sorry about that.  I am sure that you noticed the giant pile of papers that came home with your firstie today…. I have been a little behind.  

Thank you for great Parent/Teacher Conferences!  I very much enjoyed meeting with each of you and I am so grateful for your support and dedication to the growth of your firstie. Please continue to keep our whole class in your prayers! Thank you!

The weekly “Take Home Stories” came home today.  Please return them on Friday; that way you and your firstie have all week to read them!  Happy reading!

For our Thanksgiving “feast” next week, please bring all perishable items THAT day (Tuesday, November 22nd ).  If your firstie signed up for items that are non-perishable, feel free to send them in at any time.  I am looking forward to our little celebration!

A few Tom the Turkey pictures have been coming in… and they are AWESOME! I have a secret to tell you… I asked the office staff if I would be able to hang the pictures again this year, on the windows in the office and  said only if THEY could participate too!  I course, said yes (giggling silently to myself….I guess adults wanna be creative once in a while too, huh?) Here are a few examples…




We are just rolling along in Math.  We are learning different strategies to help us solve problems….especially word problems.  One strategy that can always be used is drawing a picture!  They can also use a time line or do mental math.  Also, the ten-frames that were sent home can be utilized!  Use whatever is available for counters…buttons, blocks, legos, cotton balls, etc…
Memory this week is a little more wordy, so please make sure that it gets studied every night in preparation for the test on Friday. 

The weather has been amazing! I hope that you have been able to get outside and enjoy it!  To close, here is a picture of Josie among all of the leaves at my house….can you see her?!  

Blessings on your week!
Miss Gallagher

No comments:

Post a Comment