Friday, October 20, 2017



Dear Parents,
What amazing weather we have been having!  I hope that you have been able to get out and enjoy this great weather! What a blessing it has been!

Wednesday in Chapel, Pastor Sherry taught us all about Luther’s Seal.  The seal has 5 different parts and colors; each with a special meaning.  Ask your firstie what each part is (I will give you a hint, the colors are black, red, white, blue, and yellow.)!  

Today, as a review before we took our Spelling Test, we got to do a “rubbing” of our spelling words!  It was something that I haven’t done before, but it seemed to go well and they seemed to like it.  Then while the words were super fresh in their minds, we took our test.  I haven’t had to chance to grade their tests yet, but I’ll be interested to see if reviewing right before the test, made a difference or not.  


As we have been learning about Moses and Pharaoh and the Plagues of Egypt, we have been thinking about the different leaders that we have in our lives.  Parents, grandparents, Pastors, teachers, coaches, were a few that we discussed. Who were (or ARE) the leaders in your life?  I think that I have said this before, but parenting isn’t for the faint of heart.  I give you all A LOT of credit for doing what you are doing to lead your children to become strong Christian individuals.  You are in my prayers and I selfishly ask that you keep me and our class, in yours.  

Just a reminder that we will be singing in church next Sunday (October 29th), at the 10:30am service to help kick off the Building For the Future (BFF) campaign.  In your firstie’s folder there was a bookmark and more information about what will be happening around here in the next few months.  

The hot pink Parent Teacher Conference slips were due today, and I am missing quite a few!  Please fill them out and return them on Monday, so that the lower grade teachers can schedule families together.  Thank you for making this a priority!  

Tomorrow is the Parents Only Costume Kick Ball Tourney, from 10-2.  I think that it will be a good time and the weather is supposed to be fantastic!  If you didn’t sign up but will still like to come, you are more than welcome to.  The theme for our group is camouflage.  Hope to see you there!

Blessings on your weekend!
Miss Gallagher

No comments:

Post a Comment