Wednesday, October 5, 2016



Dear Parents,
Well…here we are…..I had to begin all over again…..so the blog may look a little different.  I have to say that I sort of missed blogging and communicating with you all this way.  

I want to update you with pictures from gourd picking last Friday.  The firsties and students from second grade went out to the Trinity Community Garden, in the rain (it was a light rain when we first went out), and picked HUNDREDS of gourds…and it was so much fun! Just like with the potatoes that we planted in the spring, I was unsure of how well the gourds were going to grow.  Well, grow they did! I honestly didn't plan on so many so I only brought out 4 buckets. We filled up those 4 buckets so quickly that Mrs. Dent had to go back into school and grabbed any type of large container that she could find!  Well, she didn't (and neither did I) want to lug the very full containers all the way back to school, so she drove her van out to the garden...GENIUS!!! It was all adventure...ha.





 
There are so many different kinds!!! All sorts of different sizes and shapes and colors!  
Because we have so many gourds, we are going to be having a Gourd Sale on Friday!  3 medium/ small gourds for $1.00 and the big gourds will be 50 cents each.   

In class, we are moving right along!  Yesterday we wrote sentences that had our spelling words in them.  Then the firsties had to choose one sentence and draw a picture about it, and I was quite impressed with how well their writing is improving.   (Space Man to the rescue!)


 Thank you for sending in the Special Person's Day forms!  The  firsties will be doing a small project with their special guest and then they will be going with them to Art. :)

Look for another blog post tomorrow!  (I feel as though I should catch up!)
"Following the Signs"
Miss Gallagher

No comments:

Post a Comment