Monday, October 17, 2016



Dear Parents,
Happy Monday!  While I did enjoy the conference, I really missed my firsties!  

Today we talked about baby Moses and all of the things that God did to protect him.  We also were reminded that God chose US to be His own!  How blessed are we?!  When we do our prayers in the morning….it always surprises me what they want to pray for…and it isn’t always requests.  Sometimes, actually many days, one or more firstie will thank God for something!  So wonderful to hear and to be reminded that thanking our Lord for what we have is important too!

We then took our chapter 2 math test.  I will be grading those tests tonight, and I am anxious to see how each firstie does. Our next chapter is all about using fives and tens.  

Our spelling words this week are short u words (The list is up on Spelling City!  Don’t forget to utilize this great website if you get a chance!) and we reviewed ALL of our short sounds by listening to and then singing this song…
Feel free to play this song a few times….but I am warning you right now, it WILL get stuck in your head… And I don’t think that you will be thanking me….hahaha!

We are so excited for Special Person’s Day!  Our special people can come right to our classroom and the firsties will begin the day like we normally do. Actually, I think, are going to take our spelling test right away, before we go to chapel.  Our special people can see what that is like to be in first grade again….as long as they don’t give their firstie the answers! 

Has your firstie told you about our new “word necklaces”?  Each Wednesday, we are going to celebrate words (and will call it Word Wednesday) and firsties will wear necklaces that they will do activities with the words inside. 

Enjoy the rest of your night and I’ll see you in the morning.  Blessings!

“Following the Signs”
Miss Gallagher

No comments:

Post a Comment